Enriching our community by encouraging and supporting lifelong learning and literacy through open access to books, information, technology, and diverse community activities.
Find. Connect. Learn.
- Courteous and knowledgeable staff members responsive to the changing needs of the residents of the community.
- Contributions of community volunteers.
- Exceptional, constantly evolving collections of resources, services, and programs free to the residents of the community.
- Serving a diverse population with a wide range of needs and expectations representing all points of view.
- Contributing to the positive development of youth by motivating them to explore their world, develop their potential, and strengthen their educational skills through outstanding programs, resources, and services.
- The trust placed in us as good stewards of the community’s resources and history.
- Confidentiality of our patrons’ account information, requests for information, and online sites they access.
- Dynamic facility that is utilized by all populations of the community.
The Fulton County Library endorses the following from the American Library Association (ALA):
Building and Grounds Policies
The Fulton County Library Board of Trustees meet on the second Monday of each month at 5:30 pm at the Fulton County Library in McConnellsburg.
The Board of Trustee meetings are open to the public.
Please call 717-485-5327 X1302 or email email@example.com for information about the next Library Board meeting. You can find the agenda for the Library Board meeting here 24 hours before a meeting.
Board members: Kirsten Sharpe, President; Stephanie Emrick, Vice President; Jennifer Earley, Treasurer; Dayton Tweedy, Secretary; Morgan Kinghorn; Loy Garber; and Marian Sickles.
The Fulton County Library is always pleased to accept offers to volunteer for service on our Board of Trustees. The library is fortunate to have civic-minded, progressive volunteers serving the library who are committed to moving the library forward in a positive manner.
To read more about the expectations of Trustees and find an Expression of Interest, click here.
If you would like to fill out the Expression of Interest online, click here.
Did you know we have a bookstore in our lower level? We do and you can get to it almost any time the library is open. You can browse donations and books we are removing from our collection. We also have CDs, DVDs, puzzles, greeting cards, and more. Books are organized by author and subject and style. Looking for a book by James Patterson? You can easily find what we have. Looking for a western? Visit that section. Need a large print? We’ve got you covered.
Ask at the front desk for prices – they can vary. Sometimes we have specials.
We also take donations. To find out more about what we do and don’t take, read our Book Donation Policy.
Visit us on Facebook!